Top 10 Operating System in the World
Top 10 Operating System in the World
Here is the Top 10 Operating System in the World
Types of Operating System
- OpenBSD is the open source Unix-like operating system designed for Alpha, i386, MIPS, SPARC 64/32, PowerPC VAX and other.
- The latest unstable release is OpenBSD 5.4 and available under BSD license.
- This is the most secure operating system that suffered only two remote attack vulnerabilities in last 11 years.
- Solaris is a computer operating system developed by Sun Microsystems.
- It uses a common code base and supports symmetric multiprocessing with a large number of CPUs.
- The current version is much more dependent on Oracle technology networks.
- It is Unix OS written in C programming language.
- Fedora is a computer operating system based on Linux kernel developed by fedora project and owned by Red Hat.
- It supports 2 platforms i.e. i686 and x86-64.
- This software has been placed on 8th number due to its security features that implement a variety of security policies based on Linux security modules.
7. Windows XP
- Windows XP became one of the most running and greatest Microsoft’s operating systems (especially due to the failure of vista).
- XP is a short form of experience highlighting the enhanced user experience.
- The software was released 12 years ago that has the great user interface, gdi+ graphics subsystem, remote desktop features, background intelligence transfer service and much more.
- Android is primarily for touch screen devices such as Smartphones and tablets.
- The whole architecture of android is based on Linux kernel and owned by Google in 2005.
- It is programmed in C, C++ and Java that supports various platforms like 32-bit ARM, x86 MIPS.
- Most of the shares are led by Samsung i.e. 64% as of March 2013. Around 1 Billion android devices has been activated powering 48 billion apps.
- Ubuntu is a Unix-like operating system based on Debian.
- It’s an open source and free software with proprietary components.
- Ubuntu is designed for personal computers, tablets, servers, Smartphones, and smart-TVs.
- It includes a graphical desktop environment, the wide range of software and supports up to 46 languages.
- Linux is a superior operating system that can be customized at an extreme level.
- The operating system is mainly programmed in C and assembly language.
- It was originally developed as a free source for Intel x86 computers.
- Now it supports almost all platforms including server, mainframe, and the supercomputer.
- Mac OS is developed by Apple Inc. for their Macintosh computer series.
- It was initially released in 1984 and the current stable version is 10.9 (Build 13A603).
- The core of the system software is held in ROM and updates are provided free of cost by Apple dealers.
- The simplicity and feel of Mac differentiate it from others.
- Windows 8 is again developed by software giant company Microsoft.
- The project began before the launch of windows 7.
- This time, the operating system has been made to supports ordinal as well as touch screen devices.
- Windows 8 introduced with major changes to improve the performance and User interface.
- These changes include a touch optimized windows shell based on Microsoft metro design language.
- The complicated task can be accomplished by intuitive touch and simple graphical control.
- The Windows is now also competing with the mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS.
- Windows 7 is an operating system for desktops, laptops, media center PCs and tablets.
- It is developed by Microsoft Corporation with few advanced new features such as Windows calendar, movie maker, photo gallery with updated windows shell and better taskbar.
- A new version of windows media center, help and support center, gadgets, troubleshooting, control panel, display and window security center has been included.