Top 10 Websites in The World
Here is the Top 10 Websites in The World
- Thousands of protesters participating in the recent uprisings in Egypt and Libya gathered together because of Twitter.
- And this Micro-blogging website has literally helped to change the world we live in today.
- Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com) is the most popular consumer-to-consumer (C2C) online marketplace in China catering to buyers who value product selection and price competitiveness.
- Launched in May 2003.
- With around 760 million product listings as of March 2013, Taobao Marketplace is one of the world’s top 20 most visited websites and the report is given by Alexa.
- Taobao Marketplace is a business within Alibaba Group.
- For the year ended March 31, 2013, the combined gross merchandise volume (GMV) of Taobao Marketplace and also Tmall.com exceeded RMB1 trillion.
- First of all it allows only registered users to maintain a list of contact details of people they know and trust in business.
- A networking tool to find connections to recommended job candidates, business partners and industry experts.
7. Tencent QQ
- QQ is a social networking and microblogging service utilising instant messaging, SMS or a web interface.
- Currently, they count their total users at over six hundred million.
- This website is based in Mainland China and provides IM service, as well as mail and a search engine.
- You can also do shopping and there is a dating site as well.
- Wikipedia has as much as 30 million articles in 287 languages, including over 4.3 million in the English Wikipedia, are written collaboratively by volunteers around the world.
- It is a collaboratively edited, multilingual, free Internet encyclopedia supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation.
- It is a free encyclopedia built collaboratively using wiki software. (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License)
- Baidu is a leading Chinese language search engine that provides “simple and reliable” search experience, strong in Chinese language and multi-media content
- Including MP3 music and movies, the first to offer WAP and PDA-based mobile search in China.
- Apart from being the most popular Chinese language search engine, the site also provides as much as over 50 other services.
- yahoo provides every service you can think of and shows no sign of slowing down, a major internet portal and also service provider offering search results, customizable content, chatrooms, free e-mail, clubs, and pager.
- And also this website stands for Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle.
- YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people.
- And it is Specifically designed for sharing videos.
- Furthermore it has been Purchased by Google for over $1 billion.
- Social networking site was started by Mark Zuckerberg in his college dorm room at Harvard in 2004.
- Grown to serve over one billion users worldwide.
- Furthermore it allows you to send messages, as well as share pictures and videos.
- Offers unique features and also a search technology.
- Also provides specialized searches through blogs, catalogs, videos, news items and more.
- It offer Gmail, their popular email service.
- Google also owns YouTube and Blogger, so they control three of the most popular sites in the world.
- Enables users to search the world’s information, including webpages, images, and videos.
- The search engine giant also provides Internet services that let you create blogs, send email, and publish web pages.
- In addition it has social networking tools, organization tools, and chat tools, services for mobile devices, and even Google branded merchandise.